The types of information we collect
When you interact with the E-Daily.gr, we may collect Personal Information (as defined below) and other information from you as described below.
“Personal Information” means information that alone or when in connection with other information may be used to readily identify, contact, or locate you, such as: name, address, email address or phone number. We do not consider personally identifiable information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not allow a third party to easily identify a specific individual.
Information you give us
To enable you to enjoy certain features of the E-Daily Service, we collect certain types of information, including Personal Information, during your interactions with the E-Daily Service. By using the E-Daily Service, you are authorizing us to gather, parse, and retain data related to the provision of the E-Daily Service.
For example, we collect information, including Personal Information, when you:
- Register to use our E-Daily Service;
- Login with social networking credentials;
- Participate in polls, contests, surveys or other features of the E-Daily Service, or respond to offers or advertisements on the E-Daily Service;
- Communicate with us; and
- Sign up to receive email newsletters.
Automatic Data Collection
Listening and Usage Activity: We keep track of your listening and usage activity. We collect information about stations, favorites, artists, channels, conversations and tracks you have listened to or in which you have expressed an interest.
Social connect information: When you choose to connect your social media account to your account profile, we collect Personal Information from that social media website. For example, when you connect your Facebook account, we may collect the Personal Information you have made publicly available in Facebook, such as your name, profile picture, cover photo, username, gender, friend networks, age range, locale, friend list, and any other information you have made public. We may also obtain other non-public information from the social network website with your permission.
Information about your computer or device: We may also collect information about the computer, mobile or other devices you use to access the E-Daily Service. For example, our servers receive and record information about your computer and browser, including potentially your IP address, device ID, operating system, browser type, and other software or hardware information. If you access the E-Daily Service from a mobile or other device, unless you register, we may assign a unique device identifier for that device.
Location-based information: We do not collect your zip code, postal code, city or country unless you choose to provide this information to us at registration. Your general geo-location is collected at regular intervals if you use the E-Daily Service on your mobile device or through the Site. We collect this information to provide content and services that are customized for your geographic area.
Our use of the information we collect
We use the information, including Personal Information, that we collect for the following purposes:
- To personalize and customize the advertising and the content you see.
- To improve and enhance the user experience. We use tracking information to determine how well each page, station and/or channel performs overall based on aggregate user demographics and traffic patterns to those pages, stations and channels. This helps us build a better service for you.
- To fulfill your requests for certain products and services, such as sending out electronic newsletters and enabling you to participate in polls, contests, and boards.
- To send you information about topics or content that we think will be of interest to you based on your preferences, habits or geographic location.
- To send you information about the latest developments and features on our E-Daily Service.
- To provide technical support.
We may anonymize and aggregate data collected through the E-Daily Service and use it for any purpose.
How the information we collect is shared
We are not in the business of selling, renting or sharing Personal Information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your information, including Personal Information, with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- Information you allow us to share when you register with us, or through a subsequent affirmative election.
- Information used when we hire or partner with third parties to provide business-related services on our behalf, such as mailing information, maintaining databases, processing payments, sweepstakes management and prize fulfillment, data processing, analytics, personalization and customization of advertising, customer/support services and other products or services that we choose to make available to our registered users. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
- We may share, transfer or sell your information in connection with a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider. We cannot control how such entities may use or disclose such information.
- The E-Daily Service may allow you to share information, including Personal Information, with social networking websites, such as Facebook. We do not share your Personal Information with them unless you direct the E-Daily Service to share it. Their use of the information will be governed by their privacy policies, and you may be able to modify your privacy setting on their websites.
- We may share your information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect or defend our legal rights or property as well as those of our business partners, employees, agents and contractors (including enforcement of our agreements); (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users or the public; (iv) protect against fraud or risk management purposes; or (v) protect against legal liability.
When you register and create a profile through the E-Daily Service, other users of the E-Daily Service may be able to see your profile information, including your screen name, profile photo and any content that you post to the E-Daily Service. We recommend that you guard your anonymity and sensitive information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of the other users who will view and use the information you post.
Non-Identifiable or Aggregated Data
We also receive and store certain non-personally identifiable information. Such information, which is collected passively using various technologies, cannot presently be used to specifically identify you. We may store such information itself or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by our affiliates, agents or service providers. We may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to the E-Daily Service, the number of visitors to each page of our Site, the domain names of our visitors' Internet service providers, and how our users use and interact with the E-Daily Service. Also, in an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the E-Daily Service, we often conduct research on our customer demographics, interests and behavior based on the personal information and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis. We may share this non-identifiable and aggregate data with our affiliates, agents and business partners, but this type of non-identifiable and aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
You can visit the Site without providing any personal information. If you choose not to provide any personal information, you may not be able to use certain features of our E-Daily Service.
How we protect your information
We have taken reasonable steps to protect the information you provide via the E-Daily Service from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet, email or other electronic transmission is ever fully secure or error free, so you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us in this way. We do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure.
By using the E-Daily Service or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the E-Daily Service. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Site and/or Applications or sending an email to you.
Consent to processing
If you use the E-Daily Service outside of the European Union, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to the transfer of your information, including Personal Information, to, and the collection and processing of such information in Greece and other countries or territories of the European Union. The laws on holding such information in European Union may vary and be less stringent than laws of your state or country.
Links to Other Web Sites
What are my privacy options and how can I change my settings?
To modify your registration information: Once you have registered, you can change your registration information (including your email address and password).
Opt out: Each email communication we send you will contain instructions permitting you to "opt-out" of receiving future marketing communications. In addition, if at any time you wish not to receive any future communications or you wish to have your name deleted from our email mailing lists, please contact us as indicated below. Note however, that certain communications, such as push notifications, require you to change the settings on your device if at any time you wish not to receive any future communications. Note that on occasion we send service-related announcements, such as disruption notifications, and you may not be able to opt-out of these communications.
English language version shall control
To print out this Statement, you may visit www.e-daily.gr/privacy.asp